Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Hold on. I'm not done. How the hell does Google know what kind of Ads to put on my blog?!!! Is it a human or a machine that determines that I am a feminist or a drunk?

Sarah has been parousing 2nd life these days. We had a debate about it at the cabin this weekend. The girls were offended by Second Life. They thought it was pathetic and scary that people could live their lives through a virtual avatar in a fake world. I was outnumbered. I think it's fun. You have a choice to join the seedy underbelly of Second Life or First life. It's a choice. Don't go to the brothels if you don't want to. In second life you can't die and you can't get sick. Why would anyone want to live in reality. It makes sense to me.

I am conflicted though because I am a socially awkward geek who blogs and communicates better through machines and yet Google freaks me out with their customized ads. I can't even click on them. Cyber freedom is a beautiful thing if it doesn't get too big brother corporate. Hi Google! Where is my check?

No comments: